There are some posts on HonestGreenJeans seeing a lot of traffic lately. Here are a few of your faves.
- Loving the free spirit. An honest, not-so-glamorous look inside the mind of a traveling, free spirit (me!), and advice on how to love her.
- I survived! 11 Life lessons learned during a quarter-life crisis. A post written days before my 27th birthday where I reflect on growing up and learning lessons through the ups and downs of my personal quarter-life crisis.
- Patience, trust, and walking the talk. A reflection on realizing our setbacks (like not getting a job I thought I really really wanted) may really be trail markers guiding our paths.
- Just do it! Taking chances and living fully.
An encouraging story about making moves toward living your ideal life, based on my personal experience of packing up the life I lived and searching for the life I
- What is life? Firsthand insight into life and death on the farm… An emotional recap and my response of watching animals give their lives for humans, and my affirmation for vegetarianism.
- Sometimes, ugliness happens. A post about being pissed off when life wasn’t fair, but re-finding center in an unlikely place — a Guatemalan church during Easter week.
- A week on the beach — grooving with the good life.
A glimpse into living a laid-back lifestyle typical of a Costa Rican beach town.
- Let’s start with three little things. Three quick and easy tips for living more peacefully and mindfully, beginning today.
Around the web
Below are some websites I highly recommend for learning how to live more consciously in today’s disconnected world.
- bravegirlsclub.com — Much of my daily encouragement comes from this website. The women who make this are amazing.
- www.elephantjournal.com — I love this site! I get my yoga goodies here, and tips on living well and happy and full.
- www.tinybuddha.com — A simple story-filled website about practical wisdom for the modern age.
- spiritualityhealth.com — A great holistic magazine full of ideas on spirituality, wellness, yoga, and life.
- mindbodygreen.com — The full-picture wellness site, with ideas for fitness and nutrition, mental health, conscious living, and more.
- www.verdenergia.org — This is the permaculture farm I lived at late 2012/early 2013. They do great things. Check out the site and then go volunteer there. It will change your life.
On my bookshelf
I love to read despite the fact that my fidgeting feet rarely make the time to settle into the printed word. However, there are some beautiful books I’d love to share.
- The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo — This is a daily serving of conscious reflection on living a better, more awakened life that has been used in countless yoga classes throughout my journey and now sits on my nightstand and speaks to me each evening before bed.
- Freedom in Your Relationship with Food by Myra Lewin — This is a great, quick guide on the Ayurvedic diet/lifestyle that has helped me live healthier by eating for my unique self.
- The World Peace Diet by Will Tuttle — I am a vegetarian and this book helped solidify the choice for me through its scientific and spiritual approach supporting a plant-based lifestyle.